The upcoming football season was coming up and it was going to be my senior year. I had already started of defense the past 2 years and this year I was going to playing quarterback as well. So to prepare my self for the season I dedicated myself to running every day we had workouts in the summer. We had workouts ever Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the morning and the evening. I didn't have a summer job so I had dedicated my summer to my last season and was going to go to every workout. So coincidently that meant a lot of running. I knew with running every day to and from school would get my conditioning to where it needed to be.
Through out the year I played both ways and on every special team except one. I was on the field for almost every minute of the game. I felt I could do it and I did. My dedication of summer running and working out two times a day for three days a week really payed off and helped me be on the field as much as I wanted to be.
Once our season was over I had no regrets with my year because I was out there as much as I could be and we had a successful year. I believed it all stemmed from being physically active.

Austin,
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome that you worked so hard to perform well your senior year. I also think you will make a great physical educator because of your passion for physical activity. Teaching your students stories like this about your past experiences alone will help motivate them to become active. Thanks for sharing!
Haley
A perfect example of setting a goal and following though. You will be an inspiration to your students to always do their best to get the result that they are hoping for. I wonder if you also created a passion for running in the process? I know that aerobic activity is a little different than what you were probably used to. Great story!
ReplyDelete