Thursday, September 12, 2013

2nd post

Physical activity is an important component to everyones life.  Making the right decisions to participate in physical activity is one of the main components to getting started.  New studies have been shown that  you can do physical activity one minute at a time instead of doing it 10 minutes in a row.















Physical activity is always in the news with the obesity rate being so high.  Scientist are always looking for the new edge in making people want to exercise.  At the end of the day its all decision making and getting out and making yourself better.  An article that I read might help you get your daily physical activity in.  I have posted the link below.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/every-minute-physical-activity-really-does-count-new-study-shows-8C11042850

4 comments:

  1. Austin,

    Your blog is very accurate and I agree with your opinions on physical activity. Making the choice to become physically active and coming up with an activity plan is the best way to stay motivated and keep up with a physical activity plan. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the article that you found! It's obvious to us health educators, that one needs at least 10 minutes of aerobic activity to get much out of it. This is an article that you could print out for your students and discuss. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with your views on physical education and the important role they play in everyone's daily life. It is important to participate in physical activity and to not only teach it appropriately to our future students, but pass on the love of physical activity to our children as well. With obesity rates rising it is important that we reverse this as soon as possible. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Austin, I agree that making the decision is one of the most important aspects to getting started! Students need to feel confident enough to make the change to participate. I am also glad you mentioned that there are several ways to meet the aerobic activity goals. Everybody works in different ways, and as an educator it is important that we acknowledge that to meet all of our students needs.

    ReplyDelete